Best Constitutional Lawyer In Newcastle
If you find yourself to be in a situation where finding the Best Constitutional Lawyer in Newcastle gets difficult, then we are here to help you out with this. Below is a list of the best Newcastle Constitutional Lawyer. To help you find the best Constitutional Lawyer Newcastle located near to you, we put together our own list based on Client reviews.
⇒ Dr David Tomkins
Dr David Tomkins an Australian lawyer with degrees in commerce (accounting) and law, and postgraduate qualifications in law from the United Kingdom and Germany. I am admitted as a legal practitioner of the Supreme Court of New South Wales.
- Constitutional Law
- Comparative constitutional law
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Constitutional law is part of public law . It regulates the relationship between the state as sovereign and its citizens. The most important legal basis is the Basic Law – the German constitution. The constitution grants the citizens and in part also all people certain basic rights. The state may only intervene in these rights under very strict conditions and only up to a certain limit.
The constitutional law regulated in the Basic Law consists of the following regulations and principles :
- Fundamental rights that describe the relationship between state authority and individual citizens
- Federal state structure , i.e. the relationship between the federal government and the federal states
- Functions and tasks of the highest state organs Bundestag, Bundesrat, Federal President and Federal Government
- State functions in the execution of federal laws, federal administration, jurisdiction and finance
- Transitional and final provisions
Core component in constitutional law: fundamental rights
The inviolability of human dignity is the first regulation in the Basic Law. The fundamental rights of Art. 1-19 GG is at the top of the constitution for a reason. Its high status is based on the experiences of the Weimar Republic and National Socialism. Today, as an essential core of constitutional law, fundamental rights bind all state powers. It is the duty of the state to protect and uphold these fundamental rights.